Saturday, September 4

Well met

After a whisky tinted afternoon, the HoW'ers finally all get together around a table in Lafitte's at the Doubletree...  En route to the hotel Shauna & Kevin have found a book, just lying in the street.  An 18th century French dictionary, well, part of one at least, from T to Z.


Looking suitably literary, coffee cups (with their "secret" Irish ingredient) and beer mugs clutter the table.  A further battered 3 volumes were also lying to be found, but too big, too heavy, too battered to be of use they were left behind.  I should be able to think of a story to tell about those books, and if I can't, one of us here should... but I suppose that the "true story" of how they came to be there would be weirder, more mythic than I could imagine.

2 comments:

  1. The books are significant, I agree! I wish you would post a picture of the gang so I can see everyone together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shauna with DD on her right and hubby on her left, and I believe I see a wee margin of Jared's blue T-shirt on the far left edge. What surprised me most about that evening was how quickly we all slipped into comfort and ease with few awkward feelings. Teresa arrived last and she was edgy and tired from driving 85 miles per hour to get to us.

    ReplyDelete