Tuesday, September 7

Polychromatic...

It rained today after everyone had left...
I felt like all the colours of New Orleans were getting to me earlier, this morning I "suffered" from a strange bodily reaction to something that I presumably ate or drank.  Shauna mentioned earlier in the weekend how she had an allergy to shellfish combined with strong spirits, and in true writerly fashion I decided to come out in sympathy, take her experience, embellish it a little and make it my own ;) 
At least, I can't think of a better reason other than a strange allergy why my shit started out grass green this morning, and gradually worked it's way to a turquoise/jade colour before (touch wood) returning to normal. 
I knew you would love it that I shared that with you all... I'm now searching for one more scatological experience I can write about (to add to the Chocolate/Struggle piece that was my first at SSF) and I can have a shit triptych...

3 comments:

  1. awwww, poooor baby! methinks we should get a beignet and coffee at Cafe du Monde and talk about it? I could have spent a month in that city, jk :( Wish we could have spent more time together -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green I can understand but turquoise? Did you have one of those special Bourbon Street giant drinks? That might have had food colouring.
    I am wondering what the equivalent is in Germany to New Orleans. Is there someplace that is known as a party town?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was just weird, luckily no other ill-effects apart from the colour! Did try beignet but not for it's restorative properties ;)

    Cologne does pride itself on it's party spirit. Carnival is a huge thing in this region, with the carnival clubs kicking off the festivities and practising the parades for Mardi Gras, but more for Rosenmontag on the 11th November the preceeding year! We also have the St Christopher St day parade in July which is the LGBT equivalent - more so than Southern Decadence I'm afraid ;)

    ReplyDelete