Saturday, August 21

HoW much!!!???

The Access bill arrived today. Gulp. And nearly everything on it was bought on the 10th August when, in the company of my daughter, I went to York for a day's shopping. Clothes shopping.

Now, anyone who knows me will know I don't do clothes: I am a natural-born scruff and wear nothing but jeans 95% of the time (daytime that is - I wear nothing at all at night), so this Access bill, with its list of purchases from M&S, Ecco, Debenhams, H&M and Long Tall Sally is a rarity. And in fact, although I thought I'd be buying clothes to try and look as thought I was someone who made an effort when visiting friends, many of them were not at all suitable for a visit to New Orleans. Some of the books might be, probably will be, and on other dates the haircut was essential, as was the battery for my car.

But it's a bloody big bill.

And it was also a highly enjoyable day

3 comments:

  1. Take alllllll those clothes back and get the Access card credited, bring one fresh change of clothes and sleepers, and then you can shop-shop-shop in New Orleans and truly Yank-up your look~ ;) Oh yeah, like I'm Mr Fashion plate... hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is going to be a treasure in months to come and may serve to keep memories sufficiently bubbling to add verve to the anticipation of HoW2. What a terrific idea it was to set this up, and leave it to you Davies to give it just the right temperament in a point of view from across the pond.
    I love you both and I haven't even properly met you yet. I will be wearing yellow, but please don't take that as an indication of any sort of trepidation as I hope to make an impression of a wholly different nature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was Johnathan Swift who warned against endeavors that require new clothes. (?!)

    ReplyDelete