Saturday, August 21

HoWling limericks

We arrive after dark at the Doubletree
And partake of a nightcap with double D
He says he’ll be shaven
And we’ll be behavin’
Too knackered to down more than two or three.

Next day J and I will explore
Return for a drink about four
Unpack all our notebooks
Refurbish our good looks (!)
And go down to watch near the door.

I’m sure we’ll both recognise Gita
(So much have been longing to meet her)
No doubt she’ll be coming with Mike
Who, fuck knows, I’ll probably like
(Tho’ my language might be more discreeter)

Michael DJ Brown, in his thinking Rodin pose
Borrowed shirt of yellow, blue .. or rose?
I wonder will his visage sometimes frown?
I don’t believe he’ll really put us down
Just astound with the perfection of his prose.

Her email says “You’ll find me at the bar”
And I’m sure none of us’ll have to look too far
But it might be hard to seize her
Though we’ve seen pics of Teresa
‘Cos everyone will be there, that’s for sure.

Shauna says she isn’t socially aware
And never knows exactly what to wear
I suspect we are all equally cussed:
But what we’ll have between us all is trust
And we wouldn’t do a deed that isn’t fair

Grey says she’ll waft in, like mist
(I hope that by then I’m not pissed)
We’ll none of us talk like we write
(That we might would sure fill me with fright!)
But this How meet is not to be missed.

1 comment:

  1. There once were some friends who did write
    And were rowdy enough to cause fright
    They went to Orleans
    They made a few scenes
    Then their fame rose to excellent heights

    ReplyDelete